Barbara Warren, Of Counsel to the Firm, represents clients in sophisticated regulatory and transactional matters, advising on federal securities laws and related financial services laws and regulations.
• Focuses on regulatory matters related to a wide variety of private equity and debt participants, such as venture, special purpose, co-investment, growth, buyout, angel, incubator, early stage sponsors, fund of funds, fund of GPs, secondaries, real estate, peer-to-peer, microfinance, litigation finance, art, entertainment, cooperative, impact, hedge, and crypto, including Rule 506(b) and (c) of Regulation D, Regulation S, and Regulation A offerings
• Represents fund sponsors in connection with structuring, forming, managing and operating various types of U.S. and non-U.S. private equity, hedge, real estate, funds of funds, and related vehicles
• Guides companies in structuring businesses and operations to avoid registering as investment advisers, broker-dealers, investment companies, commodity trading advisers and commodity pool operators
• Advises registered investment advisers and registered broker dealers on compliance and operations issues
• Represents early-stage and other investment managers in seed-capital arrangements, spinoffs, consolidations, succession planning, joint ventures, complex carry-sharing arrangements, and credit lines
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Warren was associated with the private investment funds practices of White & Case in Hong Kong and Fried Frank in New York. She was also the founder and CEO of a successful luxury eyewear business. Ms. Warren is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
Ms. Warren received her Juris Doctor from Fordham University School of Law in 2003 and her Bachelor of Business Administration, with honors, from Texas A&M University in 2000.