Midge J. Nutman, of counsel to the Firm, concentrates her practice in commercial real estate law, with an emphasis in leasing and conveyancing transactions. In practice for over 30 years, Ms. Nutman is an attorney with a broad range of experience in real estate and commercial matters. She is well versed in all types of real estate including representing both landlords and tenants in negotiating leases, net leases and ground leases for office, retail and industrial space. Ms. Nutman is currently acting as national leasing counsel for several multi-national companies. She regularly represents owners, developers and investors in the purchase, sale, construction, development, financing and leasing of commercial buildings, industrial facilities, shopping centers, hotels, 1031 properties and multi-family housing located throughout the United States. Ms. Nutman also represents institutional lenders in commercial transactions including real estate financing and construction financing.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Nutman was associated with the Firm Gursky & Partners, LLP, where she specialized in leasing on behalf of national retail tenants. Before joining Gursky & Partners, LLP, she had had a thirteen year association with Ross & Cohen, LLP, a law firm which specializes in commercial real estate and construction law. Ms. Nutman received her Bachelor of Business degree from University of Michigan and Juris Doctorate from St. John’s University School of Law where she graduated cum laude. Ms. Nutman is admitted to practice law in both the States of New York and New Jersey.
- Representation of multi-national publicly traded architectural/engineering firm in its leasing of its United States offices including New York, Ohio, California and Colorado.
- Representation of a multi-national executive search firm in its leasing of its United States offices including New York, Colorado, California, Massachusetts, and Illinois.
- Representation of publicly traded finance trading company in its negotiation of its New York headquarters in midtown Manhattan.
- Representation of Landlord in multiple transactions of ground floor retail including nail salons, waxing boutiques, medical spa and cellular stores.
- Representation of multiple Landlords in negotiation of retail leases with world-wide coffee company
- Representation of Seller in the sale of a mixed use building in East Harlem.
- Representation of Purchaser in the purchase, financing and 1031 exchange of a building in “NOHO” section of Manhattan.